It is the policy of Vote Compass to respect the privacy of its users. The disclosure of information that could be used to personally identify you is not required in order to participate in Vote Compass.
In the course of your interaction with Vote Compass you may, at your sole discretion, volunteer personal data and information about yourself. This information may include your postcode, your email address, your Twitter ID, and other generic information provided in relation to your participation in Vote Compass. This information will be treated in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. Vote Compass will never edit, share or disclose any personal information about you without your prior consent.
Vote Compass undertakes only to use the data you supply to us according to the following conditions:
1. We will not rent or sell any data which may personally identify you to any third party.
2. You will never receive communications from any third party as a result of using Vote Compass, unless you specifically opt to do so.
3. Your data may be disclosed to third parties for research purposes. Such data will only be supplied in anonymised, non-attributable form such that no party external to Vote Compass could use the data to personally identify you, or to contact you by any means.
4. Your anonymised data may be disclosed to third parties for the promotion of Vote Compass services. By way of example, we may disclose to a media partner the percentage of respondents to Vote Compass by geographical region. Such data will be supplied in anonymised, non-attributable form such that no third party could use the data to personally identify you, or to contact you by any means.
5. Research results may also be released into the public domain. This is typically in aggregate form (e.g. 35 per cent of respondents said taxes were the most important issue to them in a given election campaign) and will not result in the disclosure of any personal identifying information.
6. Vote Compass undertakes to store your personal data securely. The accessing and processing of personal data by Vote Compass personnel will be restricted to business requirements including, but not necessarily limited to:
● Research data analysis
● Panel communications
● Technical processing
● Addressing of queries, technical problems or complaints
7. You have the option to share your Vote Compass results if you so desire. You can exercise this option at your discretion by selecting one of the icons in the “Share your results” section of the Results page in Vote Compass. Upon selecting the Facebook, Twitter or email icons, you will be prompted to transmit a hyperlink to your Facebook page, Twitter feed, or specified email account, containing the same visual representations of your aggregate position vis-à-vis the parties that you see in the Results page. You are fully responsible for any Vote Compass results you share and agree to indemnify Vote Compass against all activities (including for the avoidance of doubt, the activities of persons other than yourself) that occur in association with the sharing of Vote Compass results.
10. Vote Compass welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly. You can contact Vote Compass about any privacy issues by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: July 17, 2013